This Is It

I finally watched Michael Jackson's This Is It since it's release last year.

I remember all those years ago when he was down. It was the biggest thing that could have happened at that time. I remember wanting to go for his concert. People kept telling me I was too young to go for one.

How I envied my cousin and my sister. Still do sometimes.

Watching This Is It was the closest thing I was going to get to watching Michael Jackson perform, even if it was just the rehearsals. He still has it.

How I regret not being able to watch him perform live.

I can see it. The moonwalks. The infamous crotch grabs. His high pitched, shrilling WOOH!

But most of all, his songs. That have made him a world wide phenomenon.

Black or White. Billie Jean. Thriller. Beat It. Man in the Mirror. The Earth Song. Just to name a few of my favourites.

I remember hearing the news of his death. It nearly brought news of my own. I was driving when I heard it and I nearly crashed into another car. I was shocked and bewildered.

Watching This Is It nearly brought me to tears.

The King of Pop is gone. But he has and will forever be the one and only King of Pop. Through his music, he will live on.

Michael Jackson. Forever.
Category: 0 remarks

0 remarks: